Honor roll memorial dedicated to the residents of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania who lost their lives in the service of their country during the war in Vietnam. The monument is located in the courtyard of the Allegheny County Courts Family Division Building. This structure designed by famed architect Henry Hobson Richardson in 1886 was once the Allegheny County Jail. The space occupied by the monument was once the prison yard. The “412“ on the central shaft of the monument alludes to the 412 telephone area code that encompassed all of Allegheny County at the time of the war.
Date of Installation:
November 11, 2002
Organization Responsible for Installation:
Vietnam Veterans of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania
Memorial War Era(s):
Allegheny County Courts Family Division Building 440 Ross Street Pittsburgh, PA 15219 The City of Pittsburgh is located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Published on February 21, 2020